Is An All-Inclusive Vacation Best For Your Family?
For many, the perfect vacation includes standing on the sandy shores of the Caribbean admiring crystal clear waters with a pina colada in hand. But no matter how much you enjoy your family vacation, there’s one part you never look forward to — the bill at the end of the trip. Unlike most vacations, an all-inclusive trip groups all your costs into one lump sum, making it easy to plan for all related expenses. But is an all-inclusive resort worth the price for your next family vacation? Let’s determine if this option is right for you.
What Is Included In An All-Inclusive Package?
An all-inclusive package covers most of your vacation expenses — but that doesn’t mean everything is covered. In most cases, your family’s accommodations, meals, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), entertainment, activities, airport transfers, and gratuities. Keep in mind that airfare costs are not included. While your package comprises of many activities, there are often some activities and excursions that are an additional cost, such as spa treatments, watersports, resort shop purchases, and other premium activities. No all-inclusive resort is exactly like another, so if you’re considering this type of vacation, you must read the resort’s fine print.
Pros of All-Inclusive Resorts
If you’re considering booking a trip for your family to an all-inclusive resort, consider these advantages:
● Convenience – Because nearly every aspect of your trip is included, you don’t have to worry about carrying cash or credit cards around the resort. Instead, you can lock them in your safe and head out to the beach without worrying about renting lounge chairs or an umbrella on the beach. Anything you need throughout the day — from snacks to drinks — is easily accessible and at no additional cost.
● Food and beverage – One of the best parts of a vacation is the fact that you don’t need to cook or clean your dishes for an entire week! Instead, your family can enjoy an assortment of eating areas ranging from buffets to sit-down specialty restaurants. If you have picky eaters in your family, there will be various options ensuring they eat enough throughout the trip.
● Activities – Sometimes, you may want to do more than just lay on the beach or by the pool. Depending on the resort, you and your children can enjoy activities like water slides, oceanfront yoga, a lazy river, a Casino, spa treatments, and bowling. Look at the amenities each resort offers to see which best fits your family’s needs.
● Kids’ club – While a vacation is a great way to spend time with your family; you may want some alone time as the adults. Many all-inclusive resorts offer kids’ clubs with entertainment and programming explicitly designed with children in mind.
Cons of All-Inclusive Resorts
While all-inclusive resorts are a great way to have an economical vacation, there are some disadvantages to consider.
● Crowds – All-inclusive resort vacations are popular. Although that means you’ll likely be able to find a very competitive offer, it also means that you’re going to be dealing with a crowded resort. The busier the property, the longer you’re going to wait for food, drinks, and activities.
● Authenticity – When visiting an all-inclusive resort, you’re less likely to leave the resort. Why would you when all your food and drinks are covered on-site? However, this means that your children will not experience the community’s rich culture beyond the resort’s walls.
● Noise – Depending on the time of year that you’re traveling, you may experience loud neighbors. All-inclusive resorts are a top destination for spring breakers, which means you may share a wall with someone playing loud music all night long.
● Fine Print – While all-inclusive resorts offer many amenities and perks within the overall price, some elements of the trip may require additional funding. Make sure you read the fine print and have a thorough understanding of what is and isn’t covered, so there aren’t any surprise costs.
When planning your next family vacation, use this list of pros and cons to determine if an all-inclusive resort is right for you. If you are ready to book your next family trip, give me a call or click the button below to schedule a quick get-to-know-you call with me!